Fitchburg Art Museum (FAM) seeks a full-time Accountant to oversee financial and office management for a dynamic non-profit art museum with a collaborative staff and board. Reporting to the Deputy Director for Advancement and Administration, the position has a critical role at FAM, providing timely and accurate reporting of the organization’s financial activity and resources. The position works closely with FAM’s Deputy Director, Director, and Treasurer.
The Accountant’s responsibilities include a wide range of financial and administrative responsibilities. The position:
• Maintains and implements the Museum’s financial records and accounting system, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable;
• Generates monthly, annual, and as-needed financial reports;
• Manages checking, savings, credit card, investment, and cash accounts, including restricted and unrestricted funds;
• Prepares and tracks the annual operating budget;
• Serves as the liaison with auditors for annual audit;
• Serves as point person for vendors and contractors, and purchases office supplies;
• Administers payroll and benefits for staff of 25, as well as routine HR procedures such as onboarding new staff, CORI/SORI checks, regulation compliance;
• Respects and maintains confidentiality and professional protocols. Qualifications
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
• Minimum of 3 years practical accounting experience performing aspects of month-end and year-end GL closes, preferably in a non-profit environment;
• In lieu of BA/BS, an Associates Degree in accounting or business, along with minimum of five (5) years accounting experience, preferably in a non profit environment;
• Proficiency with Checkmark Multiledger (or comparable) accounting software and Microsoft Office;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision while in a highly flexible, collaborative work environment.
$48,000-$55,000 starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus benefits package. Possibility for 4 or 5 day work week.
Please send the following documents by Friday, April 22, to FAM Deputy Director of Advancement and Administration Rebecca Wright
(): letter of interest, resume, and three reference contacts. Please attach these documents to an e-mail message with this subject line: FAM Accountant. We seek to fill this position before the end of May. Fitchburg Art Museum is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
The Fitchburg Art Museum (FAM) is a catalyst for learning, creativity, and community building through its exhibitions, education programs, community partnerships, and creative economy initiatives. All decisions, initiatives, projects, and programs at the Fitchburg Art Museum reflect our commitment to art, education, and the greater community. For more information: www.fitchburgartmuseum.org