INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Request for Proposals
Fitchburg Art Museum seeks a contract Information Technology Specialist to lead the maintenance of FAM’s digital infrastructure and evolve technology assets for both the Museum professional staff and guests.
Essential Job Functions
- Support and maintain existing Mac and PC computer workstations, laptops, tablets, and related devices such as printers.
- Support and maintain Wi-Fi network covering 40,000 square feet over four connected buildings.
- Help FAM proactively plan for, purchase, and configure new computers, printers, back-up drives, routers, and other devices as needed.
- Work in partnership with the Museum’s telephone company on the maintenance of the VoIP phone system and analog phone lines.
- Maintain the Museum servers and file shares.
- Administer the Museum’s email account system and word processing suite.
- Ensure frequent backups of Museum data and help retrieve them when necessary.
- Conduct the hosting and back end web development for fitchburgartmuseum.org.
- Closely monitor IT security risks and maintain the Museum fire wall system, antivirus software, and cyber security prevention tools.
- Support the Museum’s HVAC system and temperature control system.
- Administer remote access tools and provide VPN setup and support.
- Understand and assist with stability and integration of all Museum applications including but not limited to: point-of-sale, fundraising, collection management, accounting, security, and marketing software.
- Respond to, assess, and remediate computer or software support issues ensuring quick response to end users.
- Maintain the security and integrity of all accounts and applications.
- Support staff with event and exhibition technology needs.
- Provide user training and technical education to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Fitchburg Art Museum network currently consists of 30 electronic devices (primarily Apple products), 4 FAM owned printers, a 7 antennae Wi-Fi network, and 15 end users. Further technical details available upon request.
The ideal candidate will have a record of scrupulous professional and ethical behavior, excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a teamwork approach and a minimum of five years of experience in the IT field. The IT Specialist must have the ability to work with staff of varying skill sets. Schedule is negotiable, but will require consistent on site and remote hours, with availability for occasional evening and weekend work.
How to Apply
Please send the following documents by April 5, 2021, to FAM Director of Development Rebecca Wright (): letter of interest, resume/ experience, desired compensation, and three references. Please attach these documents to an e-mail message with this subject line: FAM IT Specialist. We seek to hire this contract position by May 15, 2021 with a start date of July 1, 2021. We welcome and will consider proposals which address a subset of these responsibilities.
About Fitchburg Art Museum
The Fitchburg Art Museum (FAM) is a catalyst for learning, creativity, and community building through its exhibitions, education programs, community partnerships, and creative economy initiatives. FAM plays a leadership role in community revitalization efforts in our neighborhood, city, and region through key strategic partnerships with the City of Fitchburg, Fitchburg State University, NewVue Communities, and others. FAM serves Fitchburg, Leominster, Gardner, and all of North Central MA and reaches Southern NH, Greater Boston, Worcester, and all of Massachusetts with its programs. Fitchburg Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
185 Elm Street • Fitchburg, MA 01420 • 978-345-4207