Membership and Events Manager
The Membership and Events Manager is responsible for leading and implementing Fitchburg Art Museum’s membership program; planning and managing all Museum events; overseeing the Altru constituent database; and overseeing the Museum’s admissions desk.
The Membership and Events Manager is an integral member of FAM’s staff and has an important role in welcoming guests, engaging members and donors through events and communications, growing FAM’s membership base and revenue from events, and constituent record-keeping. The position reports to FAM’s Deputy Director for Advancement and Administration and helps to lead FAM’s fundraising efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
Oversees FAM’s membership program of 600+ members, related benefits, and events, including strategic recruitment of new and renewing members, member communications, and providing excellent customer service to visitors, members, and the public at large.
Maintains and manages the Altru constituent database, a Blackbaud product, and trains staff and serves as point person for Altru’s use throughout the Museum. Coordinates gift processing and data entry in a consistent, timely, and accurate manner and provides reports and analysis to support and evaluate the effectiveness of development and membership efforts.
Plans and implements all FAM events and meetings, including exhibition opening receptions, donor/stewardship events, committee meetings, community events, and the facility rental program (c. 3-4 events/meetings per month with c. 3-6 large catered events/year). Supervises outside vendors and event staff.
Working in collaboration with FAM’s Marketing Manager, helps to promote membership, event, and development efforts.
Supervises Visitor Services Associates (2) and works closely with security staff to ensure a welcoming and friendly reception for visitors.
Opportunity to assist and grow in all areas of development, including annual fund, major gifts, grants, sponsorships, and prospect research.
- 1-3 years experience in development, membership, events and/or database management, ideally in a cultural non-profit, are required;
- Customer service experience, including working successfully with staff and stakeholders of diverse races and cultures.
- The ability to independently manage competing projects, a good sense of organization and the ability to prioritize;
- Strong verbal and writing skills, attention to detail, high level of discretion and judgment;
- The ability to maintain open and responsive lines of communication with fellow staff, members, donors, board members, vendors, and the public;
- Tech-savvy with database experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; • A commitment to furthering equity efforts within the department and the organization;
- Understanding of and excitement for FAM’s community-based mission; • Experience working with fundraising software preferred;
- Spanish language fluency is a plus.
Position requires occasional evening and/or weekend hours in support of events and meetings.
Salary: $42,000 starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus benefits package.
To Apply: Please send the following documents by July 15 to FAM Deputy Director for Advancement and Administration Rebecca Wright (): letter of interest, resume, and three reference contacts. Please attach these documents to an e-mail message with this subject line: FAM Manager of Membership and Events. Fitchburg Art Museum is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
About FAM: The Fitchburg Art Museum (FAM) is a catalyst for learning, creativity, and community building through its exhibitions, education programs, community partnerships, and creative economy initiatives. All decisions, initiatives, projects, and programs at the Fitchburg Art Museum reflect our commitment to art, education, and the greater community. For more information: www.fitchburgartmuseum.org