Part-time Development Assistant
Brief position overview:
The Development Assistant will advance the development efforts of the Fitchburg Art Museum by providing administrative support in the development department, primarily through gift processing, acknowledgements, and maintaining accurate and complete records in the constituent management database, Altru, a Blackbaud product.
Please note: This is a one-year part-time contract position with the possibility of becoming a permanent position after the first year. 18-20 hours/week, primarily on-site in Fitchburg.
Reports to: Director of Development
Responsibilities and duties
Working with the Manager of Membership and Events:
- Maintains and updates member, donor, and prospect records in Altru • Processes memberships (including entering into the Altru data base and producing membership cards/packets) for both Individual and Corporate memberships
- Processes Annual Fund gifts and acknowledgements
- Processes revenue and acknowledgements for events
- Assists with other development mailings, filing, and events as needed Also:
- Works with the Director of Development on prospect research and management, and other special projects as assigned
- Attends meetings of the Development Department and FAM Staff meetings • Serves as back-up, when schedule allows, for the admissions desk
- Experience in an administrative/office role
- Experience with data entry in a constituent database
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding donor information • Success working in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, ability to be a self-starter and to multi-task • Spanish language a plus
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV or resume, and the names and contact information for 2 references by email to Rebecca Wright at by January 14, 2022.