Due to concerns around coronavirus, the Fitchburg Art Museum has made the difficult decision to close to the public until further notice. All events are canceled or postponed. We will continue to monitor and assess the evolving situation.
Please know that FAM is committed to reopening as soon as the situation allows. Once conditions improve, FAM will be here for you so that you can reconnect with us, with each other, with your creativity, and with our inspiring works of art – in a Museum that is safe, clean, welcoming, and beautiful. Museums are special places for healing, personal transformation, and community building, and FAM will again be here for everyone. We look forward to this day, and we will keep you posted when we are able to set a date to open our doors and reschedule the programs and events that you have come to love and rely on.
Fitchburg Art Museum plans to maintain a creative relationship with our valued audience. Follow us on social media for daily #MuseumFromHome updates and explore our digital programming on our website here. For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Children 12 years old and under||Free|
|Fitchburg State University, Mount Wachusett Community College and Fitchburg Public School Students, Faculty & Staff with I.D.||Free|
|Residents of City Ward 4B with proof of residence||Free|
|NEMA Members with one guest||Free|
|AAM Members with one guest||Free|
|Museum Employees with Identification with one guest||Free|
|Active Military and their families with I.D.||Free|
|Seniors (62 plus)||$5|
|Students ages 13-18 & College Students with I.D.||$5|
|AAA||buy one get one free admission|
|EBT Card Holders||$2 per person cash admission|
|Corporate Members’ employees and immediate family||Free|
Free admission programs at FAM are supported in part by a generous grant from the Douglas and Isabelle Crocker Foundation.
Fitchburg Art Museum
185 Elm Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
The Museum is well posted with more than twenty signs within Fitchburg providing directions.
- From the East:
- Take Rt. 2 west to exit 31B (Rt. 12 North).
- Take Rt. 12 North approximately 4 miles.
- Turn right after the Central Shopping Plaza.
- Turn left on Main Street and continue almost to the end.
- Turn right on Academy St.
- Turn left on Elm St. Museum parking will be on your left.
- From the South:
- Take Exit 10 (Auburn) from the Mass. Turnpike.
- Follow 290 (Worcester) to 190 North.
- Exit at Rt. 2 West.
- After 1/4 mile, exit at 31B as above.
- From the West:
- Take Route 2 East to exit 25 (Route 2A/Fitchburg-Princeton).
- Follow 2A East approximately 4 miles and then, follow green signs to Fitchburg Art Museum.
- Signs will take you to Main Street in Fitchburg where you will make a left onto the westbound side of Main Street.
- Turn right onto Academy St.
- Turn left onto Elm St. Museum parking will be on your left.
MTBA trains from Boston – Fitchburg are frequent. Visit MBTA for train timetables.
- Leave the train station and cross the street.
- Turn left, and walk up Main Street for .7 miles until you come to Workers Credit Union on your right.
- Turn right onto Academy St.
- Turn left onto Elm St.
- The entrance to the Museum is on your left.
Free Parking is available in front of the Museum entrance on Elm Street and in our Merriam Parkway Courtyard.
Handicapped parking is available in the Elm Street lot near the main entrance.
Free on street parking on Elm Street near Lowe Park. Metered on street parking is available along Main Street. There are two public parking garages within walking distance in downtown Fitchburg at 412 Main Street and 133 Boulder Drive. Additional event parking may be available. Please call 978-345-4207 for details.